As a parent I will...
- Be positive with your athlete.
Let them know you are proud they are part of the team. Focus on the benefits of teamwork and personal discipline.
- Encourage your athlete to follow all rules.
Help the coaches build a commitment to the team. Set a good example in your personal lifestyle.
- Allow your athlete to perform and progress at a level consistent with his/her ability.
Athletes mature at different ages, some progress earlier than others.
- Insist on positive behavior in school and a high level of performance in the classroom.
Numerous studies indicate extracurricular involvement helps enhance academic performance.
- Cheer for our team and players. Opponents and referees deserve respect.
Realize that players, coaches and referees will make mistakes. Your support is needed during these times.
- Promote having fun.
Having fun is so important at this age in order for the kids to learn and grow.
- An athlete's self-confidence and self-image will be improved by support at home.
Encourage your child to do their best and to have fun.
- Emphasize the importance of well-balanced meals and regular sleep patterns.
An athlete functions best when care is taken to consume nutritious food and obtain sufficient rest.
Stay Connected With RFYFA
Contact Us / Subscribe
River Falls Youth Football Association
PO Box 132
River Falls, WI 54022